Tuesday 23 October 2012

A little bit of OCD...perhaps

Another fact those around me would know is that I'm a bit of a perfectionist. I like things to be neat and orderly. Not in an obsessive kind of way (hem hm), but I do take great satisfaction in having and seeing things in order. Whether it is this pile of wood or my son's boxes of Lego (don't ask!), nothing irritates me more than to see something not quite right.

We had to get the wood quickly into the shed last night, just in case it rains. To my husband, it was a job done - end off. To me, while still piling, I was already thinking...I need to get in here tomorrow and rearrange them!  My brain doesn't register the fact that it was fine in the first place and the firewood is going to be used anyway.  I just see something that needs rectifying.  One good thing though - apart from having a neat pile of wood - I approach my designs the same way. Not that everything has to be symmetrical but there is a clean line, a neatness to them that is pleasing to the eye...I hope.